The 10 Renter Commandments
The 10 Renter Commandments Handbook is a clean, updated, info-packed 30+ page adaptation of the former NY Tenant’s Rights Guide.
While living in NYC it's crucial that especially as a millennial renter, you understand your rights when renting so you're protected, you avoid getting scammed, or literally left out in the cold.
This guide covers topics such as the following:
- Financial readiness and costs associated with renting
- Differentiating between various types of rent-regulated apartments
- Dealing with roommates
- Understanding the functions of the various NYC housing organizations
- Neighborhood relations and involvement
- Negotiations and lease renewal with home providers